Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Trials

I don't want anyone to think that this was a simple journey to get to this point. It never is. I can tell you, that when we decided to do this, all hell broke loose. Oops! Can I say hell here? It is a place; a point of reference. Like when I say I have been married almost 28 years, and the first 15 were hell (usually spoken in a hushed voice). I mentioned that Thomas is "bipolar." I put this in quotations because this was not his original diagnosis; it is just one that people have heard. Thomas use to be so bad, that he would sleep 22 out of 24 hours, and when he was awake, we would wish he would go back to bed!

But he got better. We started a bait shop, that we ran out of our barn. It became so popular, that the shop in town decided to retire. We did it for 3 summers, and Thomas became more sociable. But then a drunk tripped on our flooring, and we decided we better quit, before something bad happened.

We have had our share of things happen to us, as I'm sure most have. This started out as a travelouge, and I am sure I am not going to uncover our deepest darkest secrets (at least, I hope I don't go there), but I realize there are a variety of people here that have no idea what we are doing, and several that have thought that we have lost our minds! Well, maybe that's why they call me "Willie Wonka"!

No comments:

Post a Comment