Thursday, October 22, 2009

Car trouble

Well, we have been hanging out at the ole homestead since Saturday. But Tuesday night, we discovered we were leaking antifreeze. We came into town Wednesday, and had our good :) friend Jeff check it out for us. It was leaking at the back on the engine. It was late afternoon, so they couldn't do anything for us last night. By then it was leaking pretty good, so we couldn't go back to the house. We stayed in town at Thomas' parents' old place (the neighbors know our van), and left out early this morning. I had to move all my stuff out of the front seat, so they could get the "doghouse" off. He found the leak; it was a small split in the side of a small metal pipe. The new pipe from the dealer wouldn't be available till late Friday afternoon, so the mechanic put JVWeld on it. The only problem was we had to sit there for 4 hours. I had asked him when I came in if he knew we lived in our van, and he said, yes, that Jeff had told him. Anyway, we watched a movie on the laptop, played with the dogs, and just listened to music. He also checked my fuses to see why I don't have power ports and lights. It wasn't a fuse; he said it was probably a short. Anyway, the leak is fixed, and he didn't charge me anything! He just said, "Have a nice trip!"

I have always freaked out anytime I have had car trouble. I couldn't be without a car when I was working all over the state. But Jeff has always helped me keep on the road. He always got my car right into the shop, and loaned me a car to get to work. I guess I got spoiled. But then their shop closed down, and the dogs started going with me, so I found out how the real world has to deal with it. But not really. I've had a lot of people tell me how blessed I have been by my church, because they are always there to make sure I stay on the road. They have blessed me over and over by helping with my car repairs. I know they were being used by God, but they are great people! I'm told not every church is like that! I just wish I could take them with me. But this week, when my car started messing up, God said He was not punishing me (my usual reaction of panic), that he was going to take care of it. Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment