Friday, October 9, 2009

Baby Mo


Ok, I get a lot of strange looks when I tell people the name of my blog. Baby Mo is what I called my red 97 Windstar minivan. Thomas and I had been wanting to travel for 7 months when we bought the minivan. We had traveled on my job within 70 miles in the Toyota, and we had taken our dog with us. She was starting to take up the back seat, and the Toyota had passed 220K miles, so we started looking at vans. We bought the minivan from a couple at church whose kids had grown. We took out the middle seats. I put curtains in it. We put in an icechest, pantry box, and a box for my paperwork. We were so excited. We called it "Baby Mo" for motorhome. I was going to put letters on the back window that said, "I want to be a motorhome when I grow up!" We put 70K miles on that van in a year and a half. The front end finally gave up on it. But not until we had traveled all over the southern half of Oklahoma. We totally enjoyed it.

Technically, our big blue van, is Baby Mo II. It is a 97 Ford 350 Econoline 15 psg. former church van. It has a v10 engine. I didn't know they went higher than a v8. It used to say on the van "Heritage Church-A Home for your heart-Shawnee, Oklahoma." Well, we couldn't keep advertising it as a church van, so I had to take off some letters. Now it says, "A Home for our Heart-Oklahoma." I get a lot of strange looks now, and even some hostility it seems, especially when a dog pops up in the window. I am thinking about taking off the rest of the letters, because some people still mistake it for a church van. I am going to be doing some more renovations to it, but it is still in the planning stage. I will post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment