Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our vehicles

When Thomas announced that we would be traveling, I was driving a Toyota Corolla. It was an older car, but it got 36 mpg. I was paid mileage on my job, and I actually made money driving it. It had gotten over 220K miles on it, so when I paid it off, I bought a minivan from someone at church. I had put over 50K miles on the Toyota in the year I had it, so I knew I needed something with low miles. The Windstar had over 150K on it, but I figured it would be ok. In a year and a half, I put 70,000 miles on it and the engine was still going. But I knocked the axles out. Then I borrowed the church's van, and after 10.000 miles in 3 months, I knew I needed to buy it.

Now this was not without problems. I went from 38 miles a gallon to 18. And with the Ford 350, I am doing about 12. Plus there have been other difficulties which I will explain later.

No comments:

Post a Comment