Thursday, October 22, 2009

Frustration

Then I came to use my computer before heading back to the house. I am trying to stay out there more, because Thomas and I are trying to learn how to live off just his check. There was just too much month left. When my kids moved out of state, and I wasn't driving them anymore, my gas consumption cut in half. I only spend 10 dollars a day now. That is what I am figuring on spending when we travel. That is about 60 miles a day. Well, if I stay at the house, I am only driving 10 miles a day (to the country store and back). I saved some spending the night.

Anyway, my frustration tonight was when I was trying to look for somewhere online to take these puppies. The rescues want only full-blood dogs, and one even asked for 75. apiece. Shoot, I could probably offer that in the paper, and get all kinds of takers. But I know there is a reason we still have them. They are beautiful, healthy dogs, but no one even wants to look at them! It is one of the main reasons we are still here. I spent over an hour looking online. What was funny yesterday? We were given a person's name, and then we saw him on the front page of the newspaper. He had just picked up 153 dogs from a puppy mill! Well, I thought, he's not going to want my 4. But then he adopted out almost every one of them today! People were lining up at the newspaper office to get one! He said if he had 500 small dogs, he could have given them all away. Maybe he does have room for my 4. :) Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment