Saturday, October 3, 2009

Detours

I'm taking a break from thinking so hard. My brain is in overload.

We are a little disappointed that we didn't get to leave this weekend. Thursday was the big day to take off. But in every plan that we make without making sure that it's Him and not us, we have to wait. Did that make sense?

We were going to Bartlesville this weekend to see the Fur Trader's Rendezvous. It is similar to a Mountain Man's Retreat that we went to in Tecumseh and enjoyed. Just a different time period and area. Thomas and I are very much into historical type things. I relate them to my family history, and Thomas just likes old stuff. We have collected quite a few antiques over the years just because we like them. Nothing expensive, just authentic country type things. We like wood furniture and log houses. We enjoy the outdoors (ok, the weather has to be NICE for me to be in it), and I loved my goats! I still miss them.

Anyway, we still have the lab puppies and Benjy to find homes for, so we couldn't leave them. I was going to leave the house unfinished, but we have gotten everything out we wanted. I just had to make sure I got all my photos and albums and books out. We still find stuff. And anything in the old house is ruined. I can't find two baby books, and I hope they are in storage. Plus, now the van has a little indigestion which I need to check out. Plus we would like to get the dogs' papers in order. Still so much to do!

I am scheduled to work two jobs in Texas in mid October, but I probably better cancel those, and reset our leave date. Then we may just head straight out for Tennessee and South Carolina. I am so anxious.

We moved the seat in the van, and now, I have two rooms, plus my office! My office still needs a little organization, but I have a real living room and bedroom! Now to cover all those windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment