Saturday, January 2, 2010

THANKSGIVING

When we got to Kansas, I was exhausted. I slept 2 hours a night for 2 days, and about 4 hours a day for 3 days. So I actually got 2 nights sleep for 5 days. I looked awful. When we picked up TJ's family, I seemed fine. But after that, my eyes started running, and by the time I got to Kansas, I looked like I had pink eye. And I looked like I was twice my age! I kept telling everyone, I think it is just an allergic reaction. I blamed TJ. I told him the last time I had that problem he was around, then I didn't have a problem while they were gone. Well, it turned out that it was just exhaustion. It took two days for my face to finally come back to normal. I finally got some rest. And I got to spend alot of time with my grandbaby. Everytime I went into the house, they handed me the baby. Which was fine. I took advantage of the next week and spent time with my family. I took them to my brother's house. It was the first time I got to see his house. He had about 15 rooms! It was like two houses in one and a big finished basement. It was huge. We had a very good time while there. It was great to park in the backyard. On Wednesday, my mom and the other grandmother arrived. We had a good dinner and visit. The next few days, Thomas and I explored the southern suburbs of KC. I was looking for Super Walmart's. We went to Overland Park. It was a nice, modern city, but an old Walmart. I didn't find a Super while I was there. We were trying to save on gas too. We didn't have a lot left. I wanted to go back to OK thru Branson, Missouri and Eureka Springs, Arkansas, but I wasn't sure I had the gas for it. I even thought about going thru Talequah. We took a side trip to Lawrence to see my aunt; and discovered HULU. We watched the old Tremors episodes. It was like watching a marathon. And each day we said we were leaving the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment